Repeatable, error-free delivery of a managed service offering is contingent upon meticulous activation. Accurate configuration of monitoring and management systems is essential for proactive maintenance of client systems and proper alerting when system parameters are out of tolerance. When service activation is incomplete, there is a very good chance that a service failure occurs at some point down the road – a missed alert, or a system failure due to improper patching.
MSP Module 01d, Systems Management Activation, describes the steps for setting up remote monitoring and management (RMM) for the new client’s systems. It includes configuring and testing the automated systems managing each covered technology. Process elements end with a quality control check to make sure setup was done correctly.
Covered technologies for systems management activation include: servers, power, user devices, printers, and networks.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 9 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Structured approach to activation yields fewer post-live delivery issues
- Less rework downstream with proper activation to begin with
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Complete technical activation for proactive systems management
- Perform the initial round of proactive tasks and system patching
- Configure and test alerts and notifications
- Configure management dashboards, views, and reports
At the onset of this process:
- Technical Discovery for systems management is complete
- Activation schedule has been coordinated with the client
- 3rd party products and services necessary to deliver Managed Services to the client are on order
Upon completion of this process:
- Proactive systems management is set up for all managed systems
- Notification and alerting have been configured and tested
- Reporting has been configured and tested
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 01d.01 Remote Connectivity Setup and Test
- 01d.02 Onsite Management Server Installation
- 01d.03 Server Management Setup
- 01d.04 Power Management Setup
- 01d.05 User Device Management Setup
- 01d.06 Print Management Setup
- 01d.07 Network Management Setup
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Activation Issues
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- On-time Activation Rate