Data backups are a critical element of IT service continuity. However, it is important to correctly set client expectations for the scope of protected data and achievable recovery times for that data. Correct configuration and verification of backup jobs is equally important to achieving service continuity goals.
MSP Module 01e, Backup Management Activation, begins with development of a backup plan for the client and gaining their understanding and approval of it. Provisioning of the backup system for the client follows approval of the backup plan. Then, separate sub-processes describe configuration of backups for servers and for user devices. The process ends with quality control checks to make sure setup was done correctly.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 4 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Client understands backup coverage and likely recovery times
- Backups are more reliable
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Develop a Backup Plan that meets client requirements
- Activate backups for client systems and validate they are working properly
At the onset of this process:
- Technical Discovery for backup management is complete
- Activation schedule has been coordinated with the client
- Backup appliance and software have been ordered
Upon completion of this process:
- Backup management is set up for all covered systems
- The initial backup has been performed
- Next steps for Recovery Planning are defined (if Recovery Planning provided)
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 01e.01 Backup Planning
- 01e.02 Backup System Provisioning
- 01e.03 Server Backup Setup
- 01e.04 User Device Backup Setup
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Activation Issues
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- On-time Activation Rate