Backup Management provides a safety net in the event of catastrophic system failure.
It also enables file recovery in the event data is inadvertently deleted or corrupted. Typically, requests for individual file restoration are submitted as service requests. Efficient resolution of these requests enables the client's employees to return to productive work that depends upon the lost data more quickly.
MSP Module 04g, Backup and Restore Requests, provides a consistent workflow for addressing client requests for data restore in the event of deleted or corrupted files, and data archive for long-term preservation of corporate and employee data.
Service Request topics included are: File Restore, Email Restore, MS SQL Database Restore, On-demand Data Archive, and Employee Data Archive.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 10 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Timely restore of deleted or corrupted files from backup
- Archive corporate or user data to preserve it for future access
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Resolve client requests for data restore or archive correctly and in a timely manner
- Fulfill Service Requests in compliance with established Service Levels
At the onset of this process:
- Service activation is completed for backup management and backups are occurring regularly
- Service Request assigned to an engineer / team based on the request type
- Client expectations for response have been set
Upon completion of this process:
- Designated data / files have been restored or archived as requested
- Archived data / media have been secured and transferred to the client (when appropriate)
- Verification has been attempted with the client
- Service ticket notes and status have been updated and time entered
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 04g.01 Triaging the Request
- 04g.02 File / Folder Restore
- 04g.03 Email Restore
- 04g.04 MS SQL Database Restore
- 04g.05 On-Demand Data Archive
- 04g.06 Employee Data Archive
- 04g.07 Service Request Completion
- 04g.08 Remediation for Restore / Archive Failure
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Client Satisfaction - Service Tickets
- Service Ticket Reopen Rate
- Service Ticket Resolution Time
- Service Ticket Response Time
- Actual Recovery Time vs. RTO
- Actual Recovery Point vs. RPO