Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are contractual commitments to achieve specified service delivery metrics. Depending on their severity, SLA violations, or “breaches,” can have a significant adverse impact on the client’s operations. SLA breaches can also result in credibility erosion and financial penalties for the provider.
SLA breaches should be rare, but when they occur, they must be taken seriously. Providers must investigate the causes for the breach and determine the corrective actions necessary to reduce the likelihood of the breach recurring.
MSP Module 08g, SLA Breach Review, describes the process for investigating the circumstances surrounding an SLA breach and taking corrective action so that it does not recur. The process includes an internal review of the findings and a review with the client, when warranted. The module concludes with management of the action items designed to prevent recurrence.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 7 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Root cause for an SLA breach is uncovered
- Remediation of the root cause lessens the likelihood of the breach recurring
- Client is confident you have addressed issues leading to the breach
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding an SLA breach and determine the root cause for the breach
- Initiate appropriate corrective actions or a Service Improvement Program (SIP) to avoid future SLA breaches
At the onset of this process:
- Service ticket with an SLA has been resolved and the SLA was not met
- Client has requested an SLA breach review
- Queue Mgr or Major Incident Mgr has initiated an SLA escalation
- Company management has directed an SLA breach review
Upon completion of this process:
- SLA Breach Review findings have been presented to the client (if appropriate)
- Action items to prevent recurrence of the breach have been completed
- Service Improvement Program (SIP) has been initiated (if appropriate)
- Penalties resulting from the SLA breach have been agreed upon (if appropriate)
- Final SLA Breach Report has been posted to Client Folder
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 08g.01 Breach Review Initiation
- 08g.02 Breach Investigation
- 08g.03 Internal SLA Breach Review
- 08g.04 Client SLA Breach Review
- 08g.05 Action Item Management
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Client Satisfaction - Service Escalations
- Service Ticket Resolution SLA Compliance
- SLA Attainment Improvement
- Supplier SLA Compliance