Strategic IT Planning helps solution providers cement relationships with their clients by enabling them to understand and plan for the IT changes necessary to maintain business alignment.
MSP Module 09a, Business Requirements Discovery, is the first in a series of three Managed Services process modules focused on Strategic IT Planning. This module outlines the process for determining the client's business objectives, and the critical business processes that depend upon Information Technology. It includes a detailed discovery session that uncovers gaps in technology lifecycle management and IT support for the business. The financial review session determines prior spending for IT, and reasons for unbudgeted and wasteful IT spending. Finally, the module includes an assessment of the potential risks for the business.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 5 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- You understand your client's business objectives and how IT supports vital business processes
- You understand planned changes in the business which will have an impact on IT
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Determine the client's vital business processes and the IT services they depend upon
- Identify programmed business changes and future needs which will have an impact on IT
- Identify client guidelines and priorities for IT planning
At the onset of this process:
- Managed Services client is ready to begin Strategic IT Planning (or)
- Transition from sales is complete and a Strategic IT Consultant has been assigned for a Strategic IT Planning project
- An audit of the current IT environment has been recently completed
Upon completion of this process:
- Client critical business processes, programmed initiatives, and IT budget information have been obtained
- Client has provided the required strategy and policy guidance
- Current IT resources have been mapped to business processes
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 09a.01 Business Requirements Review
- 09a.02 IT Finance and Budget Review
- 09a.03 IT Resource Inventory and Risk Assessment
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Strategic IT Plan On-time Completion Rate
- Client Adoption Rate for Recommendations
- Client Loyalty / Promoter Score
- Client Satisfaction - Periodic Relationship Survey
- Client Spend-share Growth Rate