Strategic IT Planning helps solution providers cement relationships with their clients by enabling them to understand and plan for the IT changes necessary to maintain business alignment.
MSP Module 09b, Strategic IT Plan Development, is the second in a series of three Managed Services process modules focused on Strategic IT Planning. This module builds upon the understanding of the client's business gained through discovery (Module 9a) to develop strategies which address shortfalls in IT support of current and future business needs. The Strategic IT Roadmap and IT Budget that result from this effort outline the evolution of IT as the business changes. The final section of this module outlines an internal review of the strategic planning documents to ensure alignment of the strategies to be presented to the client.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 7 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Your client will have a time-based Strategic IT Roadmap for IT changes necessary to maintain business alignment
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Identify strategies to address shortfalls in IT support of current and future business requirements
- Develop an IT Roadmap which supports the future needs of the business
- Develop an IT Budget input supporting the plan
At the onset of this process:
- Business Requirements Discovery is complete
Upon completion of this process:
- Client IT Plan completed
- Client IT Roadmap completed
- Budgetary input completed
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 09b.01 IT Strategy Definition
- 09b.02 IT Roadmap Planning
- 09b.03 Budgetary IT Solution Development
- 09b.04 Interim Client Review
- 09b.05 IT Budget Development
- 09b.06 Internal Review and Update
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Strategic IT Plan On-time Completion Rate
- Client Adoption Rate for Recommendations
- Client Loyalty / Promoter Score
- Client Satisfaction - Periodic Relationship Survey
- Client Spend-share Growth Rate