Strategic IT Planning helps solution providers cement relationships with their clients by enabling them to understand and plan for the IT changes necessary to maintain business alignment.
MSP Module 09c, Strategic IT Plan Review and Management, is the third in a series of three Managed Services process modules focused on Strategic IT Planning. This module covers the review of the Strategic IT Roadmap with the client and the program management of the plan on an ongoing basis.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 4 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- The Strategic IT Plan is institutionalized for your client
- The plan is maintained to adapt to changes in the client's business plan
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Obtain client approval for the Strategic IT Plan
- Execute the Strategic IT Plan with minimal unforeseen impacts to the client's business
- Maintain the Strategic IT Plan throughout the year
At the onset of this process:
- Strategic IT Plan development is complete
- An internal review of the plan has been conducted and the plan updated with the results
Upon completion of this process:
- From Strategic IT Plan Review: IT Plan, Roadmap, and Budget are approved; documents are posted and brought under change control
- From Strategic IT Plan Management: IT initiative is implemented and the Request for Change is closed
- From Quarterly Plan Review and Update: Quarterly updates to the IT Plan and Roadmap are approved following review during the Quarterly Service Review
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 09c.01 Strategic IT Plan Review
- 09c.02 Strategic IT Plan Management
- 09c.03 Quarterly Plan Review and Update
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Strategic IT Plan On-time Completion Rate
- Client Adoption Rate for Recommendations
- Client Loyalty / Promoter Score
- Client Satisfaction - Periodic Relationship Survey
- Client Spend-share Growth Rate