Validation of the user interface and system configuration before Go-Live is essential for ensuring a smooth cutover to the new solution and minimizing post-live issues. In User Acceptance Testing (UAT), otherwise known as a pilot, client power users verify prescribed functionality works correctly throughout the full business cycle and there are no performance issues.
The pilot also fulfills a second purpose – it is an opportunity for key client staff to become more familiar with the solution, enabling them to help other users navigate the new technology and accelerating adoption and client ROI.
IT Projects Module 06b, User Acceptance Testing, describes the tests conducted by client power users to verify functionality and performance of the solution. This module includes testing through the full business cycle and testing on each of the supported devices for the solution. It also addresses system- and application-level security testing.
The Test Plan and testing scripts used in User Acceptance Testing are developed in Module 05a, Test Planning and Preparation. Issues uncovered during User Acceptance Testing are prioritized and remediated in Module 06c, Test Results Review and Remediation.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 3 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- System functionality and the user interface are validated by client testers
- Project team is not bogged down with issues post go-live that could have been caught earlier
- Client power users have had an opportunity to work with the system prior to go-live
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Familiarize client power users with the system and its capabilities
- Verify system functionality and the user interface are operating correctly
- Verify system security is configured properly and complies with client policies
- Validate the end-to-end business workflow
At the onset of this process:
- Go-live critical issues from System Testing have been remediated and client has agreed to move forward with User Acceptance Testing
- The User Acceptance Test Plan is complete and approved by the client
- Test Scenarios / Use Cases and Test Scripts are finalized
- Test participants have been notified of their roles and responsibilities and the testing schedule
- Test environment and facilities are ready for testing
- Test data has been prepared and migrated to the test environment
Upon completion of this process:
- All required tests are complete
- On-the-spot corrections have been made for testing defects, where possible
- Backups have been rerun for systems where there have been configuration changes
- Client has confirmed that all testing exit criteria have been met
- All test documentation has been posted
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 06b.01 User Acceptance Testing
- 06b.02 Security Testing
- 06b.03 User Acceptance Testing Closeout
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Go-Live Issues
- Client Participation Level For Pilot And Acceptance Testing
- Compliance With The Project Methodology
- On-time Go-Live Rate
- Rework Resulting From Solution Design Errors
- Rework Resulting From Installation Or Configuration Errors