The primary goal for migration and cutover is accelerating time to value for the client - providing them timely, usable access to their new technology - while minimizing the risk of adverse business impact.
Whether cutover is a few simple steps or a complicated, highly orchestrated process, proper planning eliminates forgotten steps and ambiguous responsibilities.
Project Module 08a, Cutover and Support Planning, describes the development of a comprehensive cutover plan, addressing sequence, timeline, and rollback (just in case). The resulting plan is reviewed and approved by the client, ensuring their buy-in. In the final section of the module, any remaining information required for post-live support is obtained from the client.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 5 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Proper planning reduces go-live issues
- Improved client understanding and buy-in for the cutover plan
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Reduce the risk of cutover issues and adverse business impact
- Obtain client buy-in for the cutover sequence and timeline
- Familiarize the client with their responsibilities for data migration and cutover
- Gather the information necessary for effective post-live support
At the onset of this process:
- Draft plans for Data Migration and Cutover are complete
- Test Plan and test success criteria are complete
Time-base triggers for this process:
- Approximately 1 to 2 Weeks prior to Cutover: final Cutover Planning
Upon completion of this process:
- Migration and Cutover plans are reviewed with the client and approved
- Information required for Service Desk setup is complete
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 08a.01 Cutover Planning
- 08a.02 Cutover Plan Review
- 08a.03 Support Planning
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Go-Live Issues
- Actual vs. Planned Schedule
- Business Impact of Technology Deployment On The Client
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- Compliance With The Project Methodology
- On-time Project Milestones