Clients often evaluate technology rollout success based on their perceptions of issues experienced during the cutover and afterwards. Although the build process includes validation audits each step of the way, one final set of checks is required to make sure all of the go-live critical issues have been resolved and the client is set for a smooth cutover.
Project Module 08c, Cutover Readiness, describes the last round of coordination and checks necessary to make sure that everything is ready for cutover. It includes one last scheduling session with the client, culminating in a go / no-go decision for data migration and cutover. Once a “go” decision is reached, users are notified of the cutover timeline.
The final activity in this module is an internal walk-through of the cutover sequence by the provider’s team to ensure everyone understands their roles.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 5 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Client and service provider are fully prepared for the cutover
- Fewer cutover and go-live issues due to final set of checks
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Prepare IT service bulletins for the client's end users
- Verify that the client's new technology is ready for migration and cutover
- Ensure the service team is familiar with client-specific cutover procedures
At the onset of this process:
- Go-live critical issues have been resolved and the client has agreed to move forward
- End-user and administrator training are complete
- Cutover Plans are approved
- Service Desk setup and internal knowledge transfer are complete
Time-base triggers for this process:
- 72 hours prior to Cutover: Readiness checks
- 48 hours prior to Cutover: Cutover Readiness Review
- 24 hours prior to Cutover: Procedure Dry Run
Upon completion of this process:
- All communications required for the client's end users are prepared
- The client's new technology solution is verified as ready for migration and cutover
- The migration and cutover timeline has been confirmed with the client
- The internal project team is familiar with client-specific go-live procedures
- The client has determined that final migration and cutover are a "GO"
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 08c.01 Communications Preparation
- 08c.02 Cutover Readiness Checks
- 08c.03 Cutover Readiness Review
- 08c.04 Cutover Dry Run
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Go-Live Issues
- Actual vs. Planned Schedule
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- Compliance With The Project Methodology
- Escalated Project Issues