Add-on business from existing clients can take several forms: additional subscription services, IT projects, and, lastly, incremental requests for products and services that are limited in scope and complexity. The inside sales team or an account manager typically handles the latter type. Fulfilling these transactional sales accurately, and in a timely manner, helps to maintain client loyalty and adds to incremental profits from the client. Failure to deliver properly on these requests results in frustrated clients and lost opportunity.
SALES Module 10a, Inside Sales Quoting, outlines the quoting process from the point when the customer initiates the request until the quote is approved and ready for fulfillment. It describes three options for the source of the request: a walk-in request from a new prospect, a phone request from an existing client, and a portal service request submission.
Following quote initiation, this module provides the steps for quote preparation, client review, follow-up, and eventual approval. Throughout, the quote is managed as a sale opportunity, progressing through the appropriate opportunity stages.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 8 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Quote for additional products and services meets the needs of the client, increasing client loyalty
- Quote is complete and accurate, reducing downstream headaches
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Prepare an accurate quote in a timely manner that meets the client's needs
- Review the quote with the client to validate it
- Initiate processing of an approved quote expeditiously to meet the required delivery date
At the onset of this process:
- "Walk-in" prospect or existing client requires a technology solution of limited scope or complexity
Upon completion of this process:
- Prospect / client has reviewed quote and declined it; sales opportunity is closed as LOST (or)
- Prospect / client has reviewed quote and approved it; sales opportunity is closed as WON
- Service ticket is created for product and services fulfillment
- Purchasing and the appropriate services team have been notified
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 10a.01 Quote Request Call from "Walk-in" Customer
- 10a.02 Quote Request Call from Existing Client
- 10a.03 Quote Request via Client Portal
- 10a.04 Quote Preparation
- 10a.05 Quote Review
- 10a.06 Quote Evaluation and Closure
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Conversion Ratio: Lead to Closed-Won
- Quote / Proposal On-time Rate
- Sales Cycle Time
- Sales ROI