Final cutover to the cloud environment must be as rapid and seamless as possible. Migration of non-volatile data to cloud storage in advance is one option for accelerating cutover. Frequently, the bulk of the client’s data can be handled in this manner.
Phased data migration also provides an opportunity to identify seldom-used data that can be archived in long-term storage, saving both migration time and cloud storage costs.
CLOUD Module 07b, Data Preparation and Initial Upload, provides the process framework for data cleanup and archive followed by the initial data upload to the cloud. Included in this module is test conversion of application data when required for compatibility with a hosted application. Conversion testing and issue remediation at this point avoids a potential crisis at final cutover due to undiscovered conversion errors.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 4 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Archiving seldom-used data reduces cloud storage costs
- Final cutover is accelerated when a large portion of the client's data can be migrated in advance
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Clean up and archive client data that does not require migration to the cloud
- Migrate as much data as possible in advance to minimize time required for final data migration
- Verify data conversion techniques to minimize time required for conversion at Go-live
At the onset of this process:
- Data migration plan is approved by the client
- Data requirements for the pilot have been confirmed
Upon completion of this process:
- Client data no longer needed has been deleted
- Client data, including email, to be retained, but not migrated, is archived
- Initial pass for client data upload to the cloud has been completed
- Data for the pilot has been extracted and uploaded to the cloud
- Application data conversion has been tested
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 07b.01 User List Audit
- 07b.02 User Data Cleanup and Archive
- 07b.03 Exchange Data Cleanup and Archive
- 07b.04 Application Data Cleanup and Archive
- 07b.05 Test Data Conversion
- 07b.06 Initial Data Upload
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Activation Issues
- On-time Activation Rate
- On-time Completion Of Client Planning Responsibilities
- Compliance With The Cloud Migration Project Methodology
- Business Impact of Cloud Migration On The Client