Your clients depend on you to protect their systems and data from malicious attacks. A successful attack could cripple their business, and your reputation. Most MSPs and MSSPs use a multi-layered IT security defense strategy to address the rapidly increasing threat landscape – perimeter defense at the firewall, endpoint protection for servers and desktop, and increasingly, web-based protection for email security and DNS filtering.
In order for these systems to offer the required protection, they must be activated correctly, and tuned to the needs of the client. Every client has different needs for authorized access through their firewall, for example. This means carefully crafting security policies that grant the required access yet keep the attacks at bay.
MSP Module 01f, IT Security Management Activation, describes the process for implementing IT security solutions for a new client. It addresses deployment of security groups and policies for the client’s unique needs, activation of automated threat management updates, and testing of the solution once deployed.
Covered technologies for IT security management activation include: firewalls, endpoint security, DNS protection, and email security.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 6 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Clients have the access they need to web-based solutions while internet-borne threats are thwarted
- Notifications, triggered by detected threats, provide timely alerting for rapid incident response
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Configure IT security solutions to grant access to authorized applications while simultaneously protecting systems from attack
- Verify that automated threat management updates are occurring properly
- Configure notifications for timely alerting of detected threats
At the onset of this process:
- Technical Discovery for IT security management is complete
- Activation schedule has been coordinated with the client
- 3rd party products and services necessary to deliver Managed Services to the client are on order
- Remote connectivity to client sites is established
Upon completion of this process:
- IT Security is set up and tested for all protected systems
- Notification and alerting have been configured and tested
- Reporting has been configured and tested
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 01f.01 Firewall Management Setup
- 01f.02 Endpoint Security Setup
- 01f.03 DNS Protection Setup
- 01f.04 Email Security Setup
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Activation Issues
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- On-time Activation Rate