Onboarding a new client is a project, and like all projects, it requires proper closure. Following activation of the service desk and remote systems management, there are a few tasks remaining.
The first of these is finalizing documentation of the client’s IT environment: creating the database of client IT assets to support responsible IT financial planning and compiling the systems documentation necessary for effective IT management. Secondly, the MSP’s engineering team must become knowledgeable on the new client, the scope of managed systems, and any policies and procedures that are unique for them. This education is the foundation for effective proactive management. The final step in the onboarding project is notifying the client that onboarding is complete and the managed service is live.
MSP module 01g, Activation Closeout, finalizes the onboarding process and addresses these three areas. Following a section on IT asset tagging and documentation, the module includes a knowledge transfer session for the NOC team and system administrators on the specifics of the new client. The module concludes with a service ""go-live"" call confirming activation with the client and getting their signoff that onboarding is complete.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 3 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- NOC familiarization with the client enables a stronger relationship and better support
- Formal closure of the activation project signals transition of responsibility to the Service Desk and NOC teams
- Clarity of responsibility for closing out activation issues
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Finalize IT Asset documentation for the client
- Familiarize the NOC team with the client and their IT environment
- Obtain client sign off for service go-live
At the onset of this process:
- Service Desk is live for the client
- Activation for all managed services is complete
- Client IT Asset Management policies are documented
Upon completion of this process:
- Initial asset and configuration data capture completed
- Service Activation Call completed
- Client is ""Live"" on all managed services offerings
- All post-live action items have been completed
- The New Agreement Activation project is Closed
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 01g.01 Asset and Configuration Management Setup
- 01g.02 Knowledge Transfer to NOC
- 01g.03 Service Activation Call
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Activation Issues
- Client Adoption Rate for Service Procedures
- Client Satisfaction - Service Activation
- On-time Activation Rate