Once service has been restored following a major outage or extended incident, an investigation is often conducted to document lessons learned which might prevent the situation from happening again. The goal is to identify process deficiencies which led to the incident or extended the service outage.
MSP Module 03g, Post Incident Review, provides the process framework for conducting this investigation. This module covers the investigation of the incident, internal and client reviews, and management of the action items that result from the investigation. When required, module 05b, Problem Management, is used in tandem with Post Incident Review to uncover the technical root cause of the incident.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 4 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Fewer situations where an incident is caused or made worse by service process failures
- Increased client comfort level that service failures will not be repeated
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Analyze critical or extended incidents to document root cause and lessons learned in order to prevent similar incidents from recurring
- Identify process deficiencies which led to the incident or extended the service outage
- Review lessons learned with the client and explain action items and process changes to avoid recurrence
At the onset of this process:
- Client has experienced an extended critical incident and the incident has been resolved
- Svc Del Mgr or VP Services has determined that a Post Incident Review (PIR) is appropriate (or)
- Client has requested a PIR
Upon completion of this process:
- Post Incident Review has occurred (internal and / or external as appropriate)
- PIR Report has been updated with feedback from the review session(s)
- PIR Action Items have been completed
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 03g.01 PIR Investigation
- 03g.02 Internal PIR Review
- 03g.03 Client PIR Review
- 03g.04 Action Item Management
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Client Adoption Rate for Recommendations
- Client Retention Rate
- Client Satisfaction - Service Escalations
- Incident Recurrence Rate