Ongoing communications, both within the provider and between provider and client is of paramount importance to ensuring a successful technology project.
All participants must understand the current state of the project, whether it’s on schedule, next steps, and issues to be resolved to make sure that the project stays on track.
Although communications among project team members is occurring continuously, the primary formal vehicle for this communication is the recurring status review. The project manager determines the frequency of these sessions based on the duration and complexity of the technology project.
PROJECT Module 02a, Project Status Reviews, describes internal and client status reviews. Project governance is the focal point of these sessions – scope management, schedule management, and risk management.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 5 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Improved probability of achieving project goals
- Project issues are surfaced, discussed, and resolved in a timely manner, improving client satisfaction
- Client is more thoroughly engaged in the project through improved communications
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Build transparency and accountability for project results
- Review the current state of the project and address variances from the plan
- Quickly resolve issues as they arise to ensure a smooth and timely service activation
- Coordinate next steps and manage action items for the project
At the onset of this process:
- Project control documents have been initiated
- Recurring Status Review have been scheduled
Upon completion of this process:
- Client Status Review has been conducted
- Project Status Report has been updated and archived
- Issues list and Risk Register have been updated
- Significant issues have been escalated to management for resolution
- Next Status Review is scheduled
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 02a.01 Internal Project Status Reviews
- 02a.02 Client Project Status Reviews
- 02a.03 Phase-Specific Focus Areas
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Client Satisfaction - Project Management
- Aged Project Issue Backlog
- Business Impact of Technology Deployment On The Client
- Escalated Project Issues
- Overdue Project Tasks