Once implemented, new technology must be thoroughly tested to ensure it meets the business needs of the client. Successful testing requires prior definition of the scope and responsibilities for testing. Without proper planning, testing may not uncover system defects prior to cutover and go-live. At that point, it is too late to remedy them without an adverse business impact.
Project Module 05a, Testing and Pilot Planning, describes the Test Planning Session with the client project team and the subsequent preparations necessary to ensure readiness for testing.
During the Test Planning session, the Project Manager reviews the scope and methodology for testing and responsibilities for setting up the test environment. The planning session includes a discussion on the testing scenarios / use cases to be evaluated and responsibilities for developing test scripts. The session concludes with a discussion of the testing schedule, communications plan, and risk mitigation for testing.
Preparation steps documented in the blueprint include test script development, environment preparation, and test participant notification.
This blueprint concludes with a final review for testing readiness.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 4 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Proper test planning ensures system testing will validate client needs are met
- Preparations for testing are thorough, setting the stage for testing success
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Develop test plans necessary to ensure that the new technology meets the needs of the client
- Define testing scenarios and scripts that validate system readiness
- Ensure facilities and the test environment are ready for testing
At the onset of this process:
- System Testing and User Pilot approaches have been approved by the client (during Implementation Planning)
Upon completion of this process:
- The Test Plan is complete and approved by the client
- Scenarios and Test Scripts are finalized
- Test participants have been notified of their roles and responsibilities
- Facilities and test environments are ready for testing
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 05a.01 Test Planning
- 05a.02 Test Preparation
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Go-Live Issues
- Actual vs. Planned Schedule
- Client Participation Level For Pilot And Acceptance Testing
- Compliance With The Project Methodology
- On-time Completion Of Client Planning Responsibilities
- On-time Project Milestones