IT assets are often displaced as a result of technology implementation projects or device deployments. These displaced assets frequently contain data that could become compromised if not eradicated prior to final disposition. Additionally, there may be residual value for the client in these assets, whether through reuse or disposition in the most cost-effective manner.
PROJECT Module 10a, IT Asset Disposition, describes an end-to-end process for eliminating the risk of data compromise and preparing the IT device for reuse, return to a leasing company, or proper recycling.
Throughout the process, the costs of one alternative or another are evaluated to determine the appropriate path for the client. The client is updated on the status of the IT asset so that it can properly be recorded in the client's asset inventory.
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 10 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Risk of data compromise from displaced IT assets is minimized
- Client realizes the most life cycle value from their IT investment
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Enable the client to realize the most value from IT assets taken out of service
- Allow for data recovery for a limited time following device displacement
- Eliminate the risk of data compromise from displaced IT assets
- Reuse or dispose of displaced IT assets in the most appropriate and cost-effective manner
At the onset of this process:
- Project schedule is approved, providing a timeline for decommissioning IT assets
- Following cutover, IT devices are taken out of service and ready for processing
Upon completion of this process:
- END-OF-LEASE: IT equipment is delivered to the Lessor
- REUSE: Devices are placed in secure storage, awaiting deployment
- DONATION: IT equipment is delivered to the beneficiary; acknowledgement of the donation is provided to the client
- RECYCLE: IT equipment is delivered to the recycler; certificate of recycling or liability transfer is provided to the client
- Updated Asset Management Report has been provided to the client
- Configuration database has been updated reflecting asset disposition
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 10a.01 Planning for IT Asset Disposition
- 10a.02 Quarantine
- 10a.03 Return Shipping
- 10a.04 Sanitization
- 10a.05 Processing for Lease Return
- 10a.06 Processing for Reuse or Donation
- 10a.07 Processing for Recycling
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- IT Asset Disposition Rate
- Lease Return Penalties
- Average Time Logged for Asset Disposition Service Tickets
- Clients Participating in IT Asset Disposition Program