One of the main reasons clients outsource technology fulfillment to solution providers is the hassle. They don’t know the most cost effective means of sourcing product, and they don’t have efficient processes to manage technology procurement from requisition to receipt.
To meet the client’s timeline for delivery while optimizing profitability, solution providers must have a comprehensive, repeatable process for order and logistics management.
SALES Module 10b, Product Fulfillment, picks up where Module 10a, Inside Sales Quoting, leaves off. It follows the client’s product order from creation of the Customer Order in the Order Management system through confirmation of product delivery with the client. This module covers both drop-ship and in-house product receipt and processing scenarios.
Throughout the process, the focus is on meeting the required delivery date while maintaining quality control. The process describes the working relationship between Inside Sales and Purchasing to keep the client informed at each stage of order processing, including working through product availability issues.
(This module covers initial fulfillment of a product order; it does not address invoicing, order returns, or cancellations. Details for technology staging are addressed in other Service Blueprint modules.)
This module consists of the Module Overview Diagram plus 5 pages of detailed process maps personalized for your company.
- Focus on meeting the required delivery date helps assure client satisfaction
- Incorporation of client delivery preferences gives a personalized touch
- QC checks reduce the likelihood of downstream wasted effort
Included with your first Service Blueprint Brick for a series:
- Life Cycle Diagram depicting process modules for the service offering
- Tutorial on "How to read a Service Blueprint"
- Kaizen-based guide on "How to deploy a Service Blueprint module"
Included with each Service Blueprint Brick:
- 11x17 and Legal PDF versions (A3 version for international clients)
- Detail Report (describing roles, systems, documents, and KPIs for the module)
- Task Report (listing all of the onstage and backstage tasks in the process module)
- Personalization with your logo, roles, and service automation systems
Additional features for Service Blueprint Subscription clients:
- Editable native MS Visio version of the Service Blueprint
- Accompanying AntFarm tools and templates such as agendas, project plans, planning tools
- Access to online Service Blueprint training
The goals of this process are to:
- Accurately and completely fill a product order resulting from a sales quote
- Ensure the order is filled by the required date and in accordance with the client's delivery preferences
- Minimize order processing errors
At the onset of this process:
- Client has reviewed the sales quote and approved it; sales opportunity is closed as WON
- Service ticket is created for product and services fulfillment
- Purchasing and the appropriate services team have been notified
Upon completion of this process:
- Client has received and signed for the product
- Accounting has been notified product was shipped
- Customer Order in Order Management system is closed
- If onsite services are included in the quote, service team has been notified product is on site
- IT asset data and warranty information is posted to Asset / Config DB
- Sales opportunity is created and scheduled for warranty / maintenance renewals
- Client satisfaction survey sent to the client (once included services are complete)
This process module includes these sub-processes:
- 10b.01 Product Ordering
- 10b.02 Product Receipt and Processing (excluding staging)
- 10b.03 Shipping from Provider to Client
- 10b.04 Drop Shipping Directly to Client
- 10b.05 Order Closeout
These metrics and KPIs provide an indication of process performance:
- Client Satisfaction - Service Tickets
- Order Return Rate Due to Errors
- Order On-Time Delivery Rate
- Order Fill Rate
- Order Cycle Time
- Order Entry Error Rate
- Order Processing Error Rate